FuLin's Asian Cuisine

Friday, November 18, 2005

FuLin's Asian Cuisine mixes Asian cultures in a semi-upscale atmosphere. Located in the brand new Target complex at Old Hickory Blvd and I-65 south of Nashville, this restaurant focuses on Chinese dishes, sprinkling in influences from other Eastern cuisines including a full-service Sushi bar. The restaurant name comes from the concept of "fu" combined with the head chef's name: Lin.

The Lactose Line


FuLin's asian menu is almost completely lactose free except for the requisite ice cream desserts. Items on the menu are not very well detailed, relying on the customer to know what is usually served in mainstream Americanized chinese dishes. Although my mongolian beef was completely lactose-safe, it was lifeless and extremely oniony... and seemed a bit overpriced for what I received. My table mate's sushi was done extremely well with a firm texture and delicious seasoning.

Best Lactose-free options:
Pretty much everything except dessert. A fruit plate is available. FuLin's did not have an online menu that I could find, or even a website, so no advance planning is available.

Map and Directions:
at the Bellsouth Yellow Pages site

Rating:
4 out of 5 lactose-free stars. FuLin's is a lactose free zone, but unfortunately needs to be docked a star for its lackluster entree and an unfortunate substitution of hand sanitzer for soap in the women's restroom, causing us to be concerned about other possible health violations. FuLin's does have tremendous potential, and may just be experiencing grand opening growing pains.

3 Comments:

At 1:48 AM, Blogger Kat Coble said...

That's good food! No FuLin!

Sorry. Had to. It's late, a holiday, and my husband has the flu I just got over.

 
At 12:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there- I am the webmaster for Fulin's and was checking our Google ranking(not good at present) and it just brought me some delight to see you talk about Fulin's on your blog. David 'Lin' is a good friend of mine and a great guy. Anyway- if you step by anytime soon- ask for Sunray (my wife and a manager there). We are proud of the restaurant and always get happy to meet our guests and get to know them.

My close friend Vicki is lactose intolerant. My sympathies. :)

webmaster@fulins.com

 
At 6:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My husband and I are both lactose intolerant & we are thrilled to finally have a great place to get chinese food. P.F. Chang's used to be our favorite, but Fu Lin's has been winning our vote since we first tried it a few months ago. We would love to see a menu on line soon, but we have two newer businesses and understand how difficult it is to get it all done in one day. Which is why we often order Fu Lin's to-go.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home